It’s currently the last few hours of 2018 here in New Zealand, so get ready to hit me with all your “you’re in the future!” jokes. More seriously though, with the last few moments of the year I’m thinking about the things I want to do and achieve next year. Resolutions, basically.
But unlike in previous years, I’m going to keep things simple. I’m not going to sweat the fine details, like set myself a weight goal and calendar, or dream so big I’m setting myself up for failure.
So here we go.
- Take better care of myself. Go to sleep earlier. Drink more water and less soft drink. Be regular about pilates rather than beg off because I’m feeling kinda meh – but also pay attention to pain signals regarding those injuries, and don’t try and push forward because I feel its expected of me. Buy clothes that fit, and experiment with colour. Be regular with my evening skin care routine, and treat myself to masks and love. And this year really try to stop biting your nails.
- Finish this draft of You Precious Thing – preferably by June. Then begin editing. Make more writer friends, and not only listen to the nice things they say but actually believe them. Tell the voice in the back of my head to shut up.
- Get out there. Make more friends, offline and on. Comment on all the blogs, respond to all the tweets. (Okay, maybe not all of them.) Find groups of people and join them. Widen your circle so that when someone can’t come online/go do a thing you want to do it’s not the end of the world because you have other people. Find people to play the board and card games you keep backing on Kickstarter.
- Blog regularly, but don’t stress out on having an exact schedule. Same goes for reading, don’t stress it if you’re in a funk and the only thing you can read is that Dragon Age fanfic again. Remember to listen to audio books more, as that helps.
- Rank up to Silver (in Overwatch). You were there once, you can do it again. Just play comp regularly, work with your team, and be confident in your shotcalling. Also be pleased at how you’ve already improved so much with the new comp. Seriously, new comp = massive increase in accuracy.
So there you have it. My list of sorta resolutions for 2019. What sort of things are you going to try and do next year? Do you have any that are similar to mine? Is there anything I should try and keep in mind in the next 365 days?